Genealogy from the perspective of a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon, LDS)

Monday, May 22, 2017

DNA and the FamilySearch.org Family Tree


I recently received the results of my DNA test with Ancestry.com. Interestingly, FamilySearch.org only recently introduced the Consultant Planner that includes a fan chart showing family origins. Here is my fan chart from FamilySearch.org.


This fan chart is part of the Consultant Planner but to see your own chart, all you have to do is invite yourself and accept the invitation. See the following video for instructions.


FamilySearch Consultant Planner by Judy Sharp

In my case, there is a significant difference between the information in the fan chart and what I received as a result of the DNA test. This creates a quandary. What do I do with the DNA results? How do the results help me with my current research in Rhode Island and England? I will continue to explore these questions in this blog and in Genealogy's Star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment